Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Raw Week!

I can't believe I have waited so long to make this post, because I am doing a 100% raw week!!

I attended a Perinatal Obesity Conference for work last week, and it was indeed a wake up call. While health and nutrition are always on my radar, sometimes I encounter books, inspirational folks, or... conferences which help me to raise my standards of good health. The many wonderful speakers at the conference and the sunny spring weather we've been having in Richmond, have made me feel like a bodily spring cleaning! What better way than a week of enzyme-rich living food?

Now, just to update you, I am already on DAY 4! Began spring cleaning on St. Patrick's Day, which is appropriate because I have been eating so many green things - spinach, Romaine, wakame, avocado, pepitas, cucumber, spirulina and on! I made this the other day: massaged beet greens and wakame sesame salad:


I really wanted to put tahini in this salad, but I have roasted tahini right now, and I'm really trying to do a 100% raw commitment for this one week. I added sea salt, nutritional yeast, sesame seeds, pepitas, and olive and sesame oils. It turned out pretty dang good; however, if I were to make it again I would do less wakame. I loved the perfect crispness of the beet greens after some massaging!


With extra pepitas!

I will continue posting about raw week and what I've been eating! For any full-time raw readers, I need some tips for breakfasts! I've been doing green smoothies for breakfast, but need some variety. I think I might sprout some buckwheaties, but that will take a few days. Help!

No comments: