Sunday, November 11, 2007

Raw Winter?

Well, it has been a long time since I have written and likewise, a long time since I have tried to eat a lot of raw foods. Until last week. Daisy and I decided to do a raw week. It is going pretty well. I realized that cold turkey is the only way to go because before I would always just forget that I was supposed to be eating raw, and revert back to my regular diet. I am armed now with much more knowledge and support than I was over the summer. I know a lot more raw recipes too. So, I am telling myself that it's for a month, but trying to trick myself into just being a raw food eater. Maybe the time frame will help me to measure my progress. Makes sense to me. To my observations!

Avocados still make me gag. Day two or three I made guacamole and I was nauseated all day. But things are better now, except I think I have an ear infection. Is this part of the cleansing process? I haven't had an ear infection since I was like 4. I'm not sure that's what it is though.

I had a raw potluck last Friday night. It was such a success! Lots of good raw food and friends from all over the place. I got to talk to Ian and Jenn who are so knowledgeable about everything raw foods.

One would expect that trying to convert to raw foods over the holiday season would be difficult. I know it will be but I am sort of looking forward to being raw during this time to avoid eating all of that unhealthy holiday food. Besides, it's not like I can't have a taste of this and that. Another reason I am excited is because I will be around my family who I am always trying to get to be vegetarian. Maybe making them delicious raw dishes will help? I hope so. I think I could get my dad to read Green for Life or Raw Family (he read Raw Power, which I think probably isn't as interesting.) He has had a chronic throat irritation for the past about 5 or 6 years that the doctors keep calling reflux. But he doesn't have heartburn often at all. If raw food is really all it's cracked up to be, I'm sure it could heal him.

No comments: