Sunday, May 13, 2007

Peas Please

So, it has been a while since I wrote. Like I wrote to my feminist friend Alex on a postcard, I’ve been busy doing a whole lot of nothing. As far as relevance to Raw Summer I would like to point out that I had two good choices recently: 1. I went to the store the other day and did not buy cereal or bread, two of my most commonly eaten cooked foods, and 2. I made a delicious, big, raw salad for lunch today with red romaine lettuce, cucumbers, onions, and nutritional yeast with my roommate's ginger salad dressing. It was great. Except I think I put too much nutritional yeast on, it was cheesy tasting.

I also transplanted some of the pea plants (which are growing swimmingly by the way) because Chris planted them too close together. So now we have three rows of cute green little pea plants with their little curly spindly vines starting to feel out into the world. I then finished reading a zine which is really a copy of a chapter of the book Cunt by Igna Musico. It’s about being proud as a woman and the history of the word "cunt"; which my spell check isn’t even recognizing right now. I got the idea of collecting my period blood in a jar, mixing it with a little water and feeding it to my plants. Supposedly plants love it.

No comments: